Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Crying out

This has been quite the trying week. Yesterday was quite possibly one of the worst days I've had this year. There was two huge incidents that occurred that shook me significantly. I never saw either of them coming.

On my way to work yesterday I witnessed part of a horrific car accident on I-77. A little blue Jetta got smashed sideways under a semi truck. It was one of the worst accidents I have ever seen and I managed to pull on just as the truck was trying to skid to a stop dragging the car under it. I didn't know what to do except pull over with the rest of the witnesses, make sure 911 was called and pray. I'm not going to go anymore into detail. I don't think I can bear to.

The second incident happened later that day. It had to do with a family issue that I never saw coming. That one hurt a lot. In a way as equally bad but completely different from seeing that car accident.

I am crushed. After trying to deal my typical way I realized the only thing I could do was not to calmly pray and hold in my emotions but to cry out to God. He is my rock. He is my refuge. He is the only thing in the world who can comfort me and get me through. There is something so great and so powerful in being able to become completely emotionally venerable and fully cry out to the Lord. Something I don't do often enough.

If you have a second in the next few day please pray for my family and I. It's going to be a difficult next few weeks.

Psalm 77

1 comment:

Michaela said...

i'm praying for you, jennica. <3