Monday, October 8, 2007

I have a hard time saying "no"

I always have. Most of the time this gets me into trouble. Most recently it has caused me to be extremely overcommited and quite frankly burnt out. I like to imagine I am incredible and can take it all on but clearly after this weekend I realized I can't. Everything that needed to get done got done, but I certainly paid for after.

I realized that in order to serve God in the greatest way I can I need to start prioritizing and focusing on the things he has called me to do. I need to not be afraid of asking for help and most importantly, I need to learn to take care of myself. I am not going to last very long if I continue at the pace I am at. I need to remember to slow down sometimes and enjoy the glorious world and the wonderful people that God has surrounded me with.

I pray that God opens my eyes to the things he has called me to do. I pray that I never take a blessing for granted. I pray that I use the resources He has given me and take more time to take care of myself. Thank you LORD for giving me such a heart to serve.

No comments: