Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Patience

Ephesians 4:1-3 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

I just love this verse. I was reading over it today and I realized that I so often get caught up in life and forget this basic thing that Christ wants us to do. He wants us to be ever patient with each other and just show love. I know for me a lot of the time I get so caught up in how busy I am that I can be impatient and easily angered by others.

Christ calls us to love one another and be patient. To truly love each other. Not to hold any secret grudges or bad feelings against one another. In order to do that, we need to be patient and forgive others. That was actually one of the main points in Motion a few weeks ago. I WILL FORGIVE OTHERS! Now lets all stand up, do the motions and say this together....(just kidding).

I love being constantly reminded of these things. My favorite place that this happens is in Motion on Sundays. I have learned just as much, if not more than the kids by working in there. It's really funny how for a few weeks this series, what ever the main point was, the adults in the room struggled with that week. My favorite was the week when the main point was I WILL HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE NO MATTER WHAT! This was the week that we were all so frustrated with each other that we could barely get through that Sunday. If only I would have remembered Ephesians 4 that day.

I just need to continue to ask myself am I truly loving those around me? Am I being as patient as I can? Am I acting in a humble and gentle way? Am I free of holding any negative feelings or anger against anyone? If not I need to pray about it and remember what Christ called us to do.

1 comment:

Robert Summers said...

I can't believe you still remember all the messages. I guess my brain doesn't work so good.... :-)